Established in 1968, the Society for Information Management is a not-for-profit professional association comprised of Information Technology leaders including CIO’s, CTO’s, Directors and other key professionals within the technology community. With over 3,000 members and 31 chapters throughout the US and Canada, SIM is the premier society for IT executives focused on networking, leadership, and education. The Philadelphia Area Chapter of the Society for Information Management is a “by-invitation” federation of Senior IT managers and practitioners experienced in both information systems and general management. SIM members represent a range of organizations, including business, consulting, and academic in and around the Delaware Valley. The Philadelphia Area Chapter of SIM is a chartered chapter and is closely affiliated with SIM international.
Our purpose is to provide leadership and education in the successful management and use of information technology to achieve business objectives through:
On-line Suggestion Form
- Providing a forum for creating and disseminating knowledge for/to IT professional
- Being the voice of the IT professional
- Building the capability of the IT professional by providing high-quality and topical workshops and speakers ·
- Developing close working relationships with academic members
- Recognizing excellence in the management and use of information technology and technical education